To order vital records online, click here
The Township of Neptune Office of Vital Statistics maintains records of Births, Deaths, Marriages, Civil Unions and Domestic Partnerships for events that occurred in Neptune Township only. Copies may be obtained in person during regular business hours, by mail or ordered through an independent website. Neptune township Vital Records does not accept credit cards or online orders; however, for your convenience, you can process online requests through an independent company that we have partnered with to provide you this service: VitalChek Network, Inc. An additional fee is charged by VitalChek for using this service, and all major credit cards are accepted, including American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa.
Neptune Township Requirements for Obtaining Certified Copies
Birth, Civil Union, Death or Marriage are $15.00 each.
We accept cash, money orders and in-state checks.
Executive Order #18, signed by Governor Mc Greevy on April 24, 2002, established a new procedure for requesting vital records from the Office of Vital Statistics. The Order directed our office to authenticate the individual requesting a copy of the above-listed records, as well as their relationship to person (s) named on the record.
Acceptable forms of identification, listed below, must be presented in order to obtain a vital record:
· Valid Photo Driver’s License with current address
OR Two alternate valid forms of ID, one of which must show the current physical address:
· Non-Photo Driver’s License
· Vehicle Registration
· Insurance Card
· Voter Registration Card
· Green Card
· County ID
· School ID
· Work ID
· State ID
· Military ID
· Utility Bill (current within the last 30 days)
People who are homeless can provide identification from a social worker or homeless shelter coordinator.
People who are incarcerated can provide legal imprisonment or release documents or identification from a prison/probation/parole officer, current in the last 90 days.
If you are unable to supply us with a copy of any of the aforementioned documents, the following individuals may request it for you with their VALID ID:
· Parent, Siblings (Birth Certificate required)
· Children (Birth certificate required)
· Spouse (Marriage Certificate required)
· Partner (Civil Union required).
If mailing, please submit clear photocopies of identification listed above and include:
· Your phone number
· Self-addressed stamped envelope
· Signed request for individual(s) needed
· Full name of individual(s)
· Date of Birth (include mother’s maiden name and father’s name)
· Date of Death
· Date of Marriage and/or Civil Union
· Mail requests to Registrar, Vital Statistics, PO Box 1125, Neptune NJ 07754
· In-State checks or money order made payable to “Township of Neptune” must include phone number. Each certificate is $15.
· Please allow two weeks to process.
For further inquiries, including registering, amending or obtaining copies of vital records, please contact our office at 732-988-5200, x 221. Office hours are Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. We are located in the Municipal Complex, 25 Neptune Blvd, Neptune NJ 07753
Hugh P. Hinds, Registrar + Katherine Iglesias, Deputy Registrar
2017-2018 Dog License Application, CLICK HERE
To give your permission for someone to pick up a death/birth record, click here